20-076 Quality Control Inspector
Description: Work Location: Schofield Barracks, HI
Full Time non-exempt position
This position reports to the maintenance division manager.
This inspector implements quality control and safety plans to ensure compliance with contract specifications and applicable regulations, inspects all phases of a variety of goods, services or operation for conformity to established quality, health and safety, and other operational standards by performing on-going work for compliance with contractual provisions; ensures all services listed on the performance requirement summary are performed in a satisfactory manner, specifies areas to be inspected (scheduled and unscheduled) and how often inspections will be accomplished, communicates deficiencies to proper persons, maintains Quality Control files, and document results of all inspections.
DUTIES INCLUDE: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
- The primary job functions of a QCI include the inspection of equipment, identification of needed troubleshooting, and/or performance of diagnostics, as identified across a wide variety of Army technical manuals/bulletins (TM/IETM/TB), in order to validate or determine repair faults
- Performance of technical inspections (both on-site and off-site) on a wide range of Army tactical and commercial wheeled vehicles, power generation units, construction equipment, MILVAN containers, electric carts, portable light sets, and material handling equipment.
- QCIs perform technical inspections to determine equipment condition upon receipt of work orders and final inspections once repairs are complete; in order to certify standards of repair have been met along, with the operational readiness of the equipment.
- Inspectors are required to prepare detailed technical inspections, across supportable equipment types, using AR 750-8 required forms; identifying both man-hours, needed troubleshooting, and repair part requirements.
- May be required to prepare Estimated Costs of Repair/Damage/Fabrication (ECOR/ECOD/ ECOF) and equipment Classifications as required.
- May be assigned to support contract requirements in a job-related areas; assisting general maintenance activities across associated support equipment.
- Work Conditions:
- Work may be performed both inside and outside
- Work is performed IAW applicable Army regulations, technical bulletins, and/or commercial manuals when/where applicable.
- Work is performed in a well-lighted and ventilated area and proper PPE is provided.
- Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 40 hours. Some over time may be required to meet needs of contract requirements.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Specialized training through vocational or military school and/or a minimum of (5) years related experience
- Broad scope of mechanical expertise related to equipment operations across tactical & commercial heavy equipment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Forklift license/certification
- Possess the skills and knowledge needed to identity TM/TB inspection/repair criteria tied to field and sustainment level repair standards utilizing initial, in-progress, and final inspections.
- Have the ability to perform various diagnostic tests or inspections using: fixed dynamo meters, compression testers, timing lights, tachometers, multi-meters, engine analyzers, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and interpret guides, TM/IETM work packages, instructions, and/or commercial manuals as needed to identify the nature of malfunctions, parts requirements, and standards of repair across maintenance allowable time charts (MAC standards).
- Current Hawaii Driver License required. Must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- US Citizenship required and ability to obtain and maintain NACI investigation.
- All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
- Pre-employment drug testing required, random drug testing is also a requirement on this contract throughout employment.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.