Description: Work Location: Schofield Barracks, HI
Full time non-exempt position
This position works under the general guidance and supervision of the Division Manager. Responsibilities encompass a full range of administrative tasks & technical duties that support daily operations tied to Army Logistic Support Services.
In addition to secretarial duties (filing, taking phone calls, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements), this position will provide administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities to include budgeting, personnel records and payroll. The Administrative Assistant may be required to work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials.
DUTIES INCLUDE: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
- Prepare/reply to routine/non-technical correspondence
- Draft letters and memorandums
- Assist in conducting operational studies by performing research and gathering/compiling data, develop and maintain reference databases
- Maintain office files IAW the Army Record Information Management System (ARIMS) where applicable.
- Perform coordination/initiation of various personnel actions involving Human Resources, in & out processing, appointment scheduling, receipt of telephone calls and site visitors
- Perform coordination of meetings and conferences
- Screening of incoming/outgoing correspondence for accuracy and content
- Coordination with sub-contractors related to booking/scheduling, invoicing, obtaining required approvals, arranging pick-up times, preparing trip reports and travel vouchers, and receiving & distributing mail correspondence.
- May be required to attend meetings and document proceedings as needed.
- This position serves as the division primary timekeeper and is responsible to train personnel on timekeeping procedures while monitoring daily/weekly input.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for supplies, employee safety/welfare commodities, and training materials & prepares daily division funding reports.
- Assist with inventory, track/administer training, manage submission and tracking of facility work orders, and perform duties of division safety representative.
- Perform general housekeeping of work areas, warehouse and surrounding areas.
Work is typically performed in well-ventilated and lighted areas with some lifting and moving of materials. May be required to exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects, occasionally 25 to 50 pounds. This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors. While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, and kneel. Overtime may be assigned as required to support contract requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Valid state driver's license; Must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office with ability to quickly learn software applications
- Detail oriented and well organized, team player and self-starter
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- US Citizenship required and ability to obtain and maintain NACI investigation.
- All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
- Pre-employment drug testing required, random drug testing is also a requirement on this contract throughout employment.
- All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.