Travel Clerk II – Transportation
Description: Work Location: Schofield Barracks, HI
Full Time non-exempt position
OVERVIEW: This position works under the general guidance & supervision of the Personal Property Branch supervisor.
Travel usually involves the use of two or more modes of transportation. Information on carriers, modes and facilities is readily available since most carriers servicing the area maintain local facilities or publish information regularly. Single carriers or connecting carriers have schedules that are easily coordinated using readily obtainable timetables or guides. Travel is frequently recurrent.
A substantial number of problems arise because of rerouting, and there are often side trips requiring changes of transportation. Travel is usually to areas accessible by direct line, or established connecting points and normal modes of transportation. Travel is not always planned well in advance so there may be major problems of scheduling or accommodations.
Travel involves special transportation privileges or special allowances and requires authorization or planning for supplemental or special transportation facilities, and when such services are required, they usually do not occur in such variety or with such frequency as to create major problems of timing or coordination.
Within general guidelines, employees select and apply appropriate travel guides, methods, techniques, and work sequences to effectively accomplish the work. The majority of assignments are performed without technical assistance, but unusually difficult travel situations or problem cases encountered during the course of the work are referred to the supervisor before decision or commitment. Review of work is for compliance with regulatory guides and program policies and for soundness of decisions and conclusions.
DUTIES INCLUDE: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
- Proficiently answer phones-faxes-emails
- Assist customers, schedule appointments, perform personal property shipment/storage services, and inform customers of entitlements & responsibilities IAW all applicable Regulations (Army Regulations, Defense Travel Regulations, Joint Travel Regulations and US Army Garrison and contract requirements).
- Provide customers with entitlement counseling, validation, and preparing all required forms for any combination of the following: unaccompanied baggage and household goods shipments, storage (SIT/Temp, NTS/Non-Temp, and Special), local moves, self-/personally procured moves, and authorization for privately owned vehicle shipment.
- Provides counseling or validation to authorized customers within allotted time parameters.
- Prepares shipment applications and counseling worksheets for household goods and privately owned vehicle authorization for members assigned to outer islands within the state of Hawaii, or Pacific.
- AOR handling the counseling via telephone, fax and/or scan and email.
- Also prepares Shipment Change Slips, submitting to JPPSO-HI for all corrections, additions, deletions, and cancellations to original shipment(s).
- Required to perform housekeeping
- May be assigned to support contract support requirements in job-related area cross training's and could be included in tasks involving environmental, safety and security requirements.
Work is typically performed in well-ventilated and lighted areas with some lifting and moving of materials. May be required to exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects, occasionally 25 to 50 pounds. This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors. While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, and kneel. Expected to work overtime when required. Work hours and work location may, with proper notification, be adjusted to include shift work to meet contract requirements
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- At least 2-4 years related experience
- Familiarity with DOT Regulations
- Excellent Communication & Customer Service Skills
- Ability to research and explain regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to the position
- Proficient in MS Office Suite software applications
- Detail oriented and well organized, team player and self-starter
- Valid Driver License required. Must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- US Citizenship required and ability to obtain and maintain NACI investigation.
- All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
- Pre-employment drug testing required, random drug testing is also a requirement on this contract throughout employment.
- All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.